Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rippit, rippit, rippit

The blessing outfit has been frogged. Of course I kept knitting it until it was nearly complete first. Still hated it. Gave it my best though. I found another pattern I adored, and had knit before. That was the final straw in the cap of the blessing outfit, and away I went, frogging with much satisfaction. Then I went to print the pattern, only to find that it was no longer available. Oy-vey... The search continues.

In the meantime, I have some serious yarn drama.
I found a yarn. It was the perfect yarn that gave me dreams of a perfect baby hat. It was left over from some socks, and I was pretty sure there was just enough. (Famous last words anyone??) But that isn't how this tale ends. No, indeed. It takes twists and turns that you would never expect. This yarn was in two skeins, since I had knit the socks two at a time. After casting on, and knitting the entire first skein, things were going well and I was feeling good about my chances of finishing the hat just at the end of the yarn. On Sunday I packed the second little ball, and headed off to church.  I sat down, and after waiting the appropriate amount of time (we don't play with toys, eat snacks, or knit until after the sacrament has been passed. See? Total knitting justification.) I got out my knitting, and went to attach the second skein. It wasn't there. I looked like a meth addict looks for her crack pipe and needles. Still, nothing. So I did the only sensible thing, and left my amazing husband alone with five children so I could run home to search for the lost lamb, like the savior would have me do. (What was that about knitting justification?) I searched high and low. Nothing. It was gone. I could find it nowhere. I took another, less satisfying project and made it through church. Then continued searching when I got home. Fast forward to Monday night. There is a knock at my door. I open it to find the neighbor from a mile down the road standing there, holding out the yarn like a bouquet of flowers on Valentine's day. It was all I could do not to kiss the man. Apparently he had found the yarn, and by reasonable deduction, decided it must belong to me. Ahhh, my hero. My yarn was home.  I gently packed it into my yarn bag, and headed off to my monthly ob appointment. The appointment was great, and all looks fantastic, but I was there for less than ten minutes from the time I walked in the door to when I walked out, so no knitting time.  I ran to football after, which was in a town an hour away. I settled in, grabbed my hat, and went to grab the second skein of yarn. Gone. No where to be found. The lamb had wandered off again. I have no idea where to even look, except the ob office, which I will be going to this afternoon. This yarn may just need to stay lost, while I purchase another skein... Then I could knit a matching jacket.
Some things are not meant to be, and others after meant to be bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment