Sunday, October 4, 2015

Oh Darn!!!

I have about fifty pair of hand knit socks. I adore them. Love. About 99% of them have holes that need to be fixed. I have known this, and put it off for a long time. But you know what? It is cold. Winter is setting in, and my poor feet are freezing. So this week I decided it was time to get out my trusty light bulb (from the boys bathroom. I swear they don't open their eyes while in there, so they won't notice) my yarn, thread, and needles. Then I got started.
The hole. 

All threaded up. 

And woven in with yarn. 

Other than that, I finally got the perfect buttons on these perfect "Baby Surprise" jackets that my sister wife made. Love them. Love, love, love!!


The newborn size.
And the six month size. 

Then I finished the previously mentioned hat. The hat that tried really hard not to be. Ironically, the hat got lost after I bought new yarn. I was feeling pretty frustrated, but it was found, and now it is done. I adore it. It turned out perfectly. It was a pattern from my brain, but I love the decreases!



Cute little decreases!
Now I will make matching little baby pants. 

And I have to show
  Off my mini-me's current project... The Katniss cowl. She is awesome, and watching her be a knit addict makes my life happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment