Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I knit a sock

I know, that in itself is not shocking. What is shocking is that I knit it while waiting with my good friend Shawna for a mechanic to "just really quickly fix a sensor. It should only take a second" in Shawna's vehicle.

Now I can understand why the non-knitter would be entirely displeased with a several hour wait, when they were told it would take about two minutes. That is why I love knitting. That and about 400 other reasons. I had the best time sitting, knitting, and visiting with Shawna. I hate to admit it, but it was pretty close to my dream afternoon. My darling teen daughter kept the kids home while we went, so there were no short people to chase. It was a lovely outing. I broke out the Harmony's and the Zauberball and had the time of my life. I finished most of the leg while waiting.

Then Shawna and I had an excellent lunch, where I continued to knit.

Then tonight I went to a Fiber Arts guild meeting, where I did not knit. I carded some wool that I have been processing. . After the meeting I stopped at Starbucks for a Venti. Which was lovely too. And free. Yes, they gave it to me free. I love me some Starbucks. I love free Starbucks even more. This Starbucks was purely medicinal though. I am fighting a nasty cold. At least that is what I am telling my husband. Purely medicinal. I should go get another.

So all in all, today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment